cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 Sharepoint Backup problems!

Endwarde
Not applicable
Hi there,

I have two sharepoint servers (front end and db), both on Win 2003R2.  I wish to back up the sharepoint server farms to disk on my backup server (also running Win 2003 R2).  I have BE 12.5, and I have purchased and installed the sharepoint agents. 

The problem comes only occasionally, but it's often enough to be infuriating.  Occasionally the job will fail, claiming that it's lost communication to the storage array on the backup server.  The application log gives me a 58053 event "The drive hardware is offline". 

If there is a simultaneous job running from another server backup, this also freezes as BE attemtps to reconnect to the drive.

Now, the werid part is that I am not actually losing connection to the attached fiber channel SAN which the backups are going to.  I have a number of servers backing up these drives, and nothing has any problem until I start running this job!  Now, sometimes I will wait a day or two and try the job again, at which point the job might run and continue to run for a week or two.  Then, for unknown reasons, the job halts again.

Also, I have another job which backs up the SQL backup files on the sharepoint db server that never has any issues.  It's just this granular sharepoint backup that is having the problems.

We have the most up-to-date version of Sharepoint (was just updated a week or so ago), and I am at a loss to why this is happening . Anyone have any inspiration here?

Thanks!
0 REPLIES 0