cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Trial on a Different Scenario

Imfinish
Level 2
There's no temp keys for Backup Exec that can be used for evaluating agents. Is there a work around if, for example, I already have BUE running on my network and I want to test an agent?
2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Depends on what version of BE you are running.

The newer versions of BE only start the evaluation period the first time you use an agent. If you look in Help --> About Symantec Backup Exec for Windows --> Licence Information (button) it will show what is installed and list the Eval periods. You can then go through the Tools --> Install Options and License Keys on this Media Server to enable items you can still Evaluate.

Not applicable

Hi,

I may advise you to un install the entire license keys and run BUE evaluation mode since we do not have temporary license key for a specific agent. Then once you are done you can decide to re-install the license keys you prefer to use. Think of this on a different way; software with no license key is an eval/temp. - all agents are available for trial. Also, though you have license key installed and don't have a key for the specific agent for testing. Its still possible to run it as trial, as long as its within the 90days period from the time of installation of the full version.

Hope you find this useful. Ü