cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 and Quantum LTO-3 HH

mgould1978
Level 2

Hello All

I have BE 12.5 and a Quantum LTO-3 HH SCSI and it shows as Symantec drivers in Device Manager and appears in BE 12.5 Devices but nothing appears to happen when i try and run jobs it shows in Devices as QUANTUM 1.

Urgent help required

many thanks

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

IS the medium Changer detected by the Operation system ,  I guess you just have the drive detected by the OS or BE and not the medium changer ...

Make sure the medium changer show up in the Device manager and it si running Microsoft Driver which show up as Unknowm in Device manager . Removeable storage service should be disabled as well.

mgould1978
Level 2

hello my os is Server 2008 which has 2 entries for the Tape drive both showing as Quantum LTo-3 and with Symantec drivers installed, Removable Storage Service isnt part of 2008 so thats not an issue, do i need to remove the drivers for the Tape drives?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Yes , uninstall the Drivers, reboot the server then install the altest symantec drivers again and reboot your Drive and the media server again .

Check if any hardware related errors logged in the system log i.e Event Id 7, 9, 11 or 15

refer the master document to troubleshoot hardware issue

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH24414