cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 - jobs keep recovering after upgrade from 10d

Hodge
Level 2
Bit of a strange one I was hoping for advise on!

Current setup is we are using BE 12.5 with a Central Admin server looking after two media servers in two physical locations. The backup jobs are running, completing (either successfully or with non-important failure messages), with the amount of data showing as being backed up by the MMS being consistent with what we'd expect. However, for both these daily jobs, and indeed wekkly and monthly jobs, after almost exactly 20 minutes, the jobs restart for, as far as I can see, no apparent reasons. They then show up on the Central Admin console as 'Recovered' and show as 0 bytes backed up (despite saying, for example, 100GB on the media servers). There is nothing relevant I can find in any Event Logs and indeed I've seen it happen, so it doesn't appear to be linked with services etc.

This can happen 2 or three times until I have to manually cancel the jobs in the morning - the jobs append so don't think anything's being lost in doing this!

This has only happened since upgrading from version 10d - uising version 12 as a stepping stone. I have run all updates on all three servers for 12.5 but still the issue remains. I have also re-created brand new jobs and server selection lists and repaired all three databases using BEUTILITY.

Not sure what else to look for, as I have checked all obvious settings I can think of!

Typically our weekly backups are 3TB and 2TB and daily differentials 120GB and 80GB respectively.

Any suggestions appreciated!!

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Uninstall Backup Exec 12.5 on 1 of your MMS's, and reinstall it from scratch. You have probably carried over some issues during the upgrade.

Hodge
Level 2
Thanks for the advice. Made sure all DBs, catalogues etc were backed up and uninstalled/ deleted everything. Re-installed CAS and one MMS re-created the selection lists and backup jobs and exactly the same. On the MMS job shows as expected. Only now, I find this link: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288360.htm which suggests this is a known issue to which there is no fix!

Great, everything worked fine on 10d, upgrade and there's quite a bug in 11d, 12.0 and 12.5 that's not due to be fixed!!

Thanks for your help though CraigV.