cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 not recognizing Adic Scalar 24 Robotic Library

rguimaraes
Level 2
Hello,
  We recently updated our BE from 10d to 12.5.  I had to do a fresh install and everything went OK.  It detected my Quantum SDLT320 drive on Tape0 but not the ADIC Scalar 24 robotic library.  I need this library to run our Weekly and Monthly jobs.  The server is a Windows 2003 SP2 Standard edition, and it is recognizing the device in device manager (shows up as Medium Changers -> ADIC Scalar 24 Tape Library).  It has always worked before with BE10d, not sure why it isn't working now.  I tried uninstalling the device from device manager, then ran the Device Configuration wizard in BE 12.5 but it still did not pick up the robotic library.

Does anyone know a solution to this?
Thank you
-Renato
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rguimaraes
Level 2
Nevermind, I disabled the Quantum SDLT320 and Scalar 24 devices from Device Manager in Windows and restarted a couple times and it magically appeared in BE, go figure.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rguimaraes
Level 2
Nevermind, I disabled the Quantum SDLT320 and Scalar 24 devices from Device Manager in Windows and restarted a couple times and it magically appeared in BE, go figure.

teiva-boy
Level 6
 Generally speaking if WIndows can see it, than BE can.  But eitherway I'm glad you got it working.