cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12 Job Engine Service won't start

chriscoho
Level 2
I'm running Backupexec 12 on SP4 (was on SP3 but updated to 4 hoping to solve this issue).

The server rebooted last night, this morning the backup exec job engine will not start.  When I try it immediately gives the error:

"The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. "  Normally when you see this the service tries to start for 30 seconds or so then fails, this happens instantly.  If I change the log on as to be local system, the service starts but then my backups all fail because of security.  If I use ANY actual username and password, it'll fail with the error listed above.

When this happens it flags 2 errors in the system event log:  7000 and 7009.

Can someone help?  I need to get a good backup.

Thanks,

Chris
2 REPLIES 2

chriscoho
Level 2
I should also note that the Agent Browser service will also not start and is using a log on account.  Backup Exec Server service is using a log on account and WILL start successfully.  The Device and Media service uses a log on account and also WILL start successfully.

chriscoho
Level 2
Ok, another update.  If I change all of my backup exec services to run as local system instead of a log on user, my backups will run again.  So this is a good temporary solution.  Any thoughts on why this would suddenly stop working though?