cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 20.3 constant UI "Not Responding"

CCWW
Level 4

Never had an issue with the Backup Exec UI before but since 20.3 the interface hangs pretty constantly. If I wait long enough it'll eventually come back. Anyone else seeing this?

7 REPLIES 7

steves_2
Level 4

Im getting this same issue with 20.1

I don't recall if it occurred with 20.1 but it's certainly possible. It's really bad with 20.3. Server has 2 CPU sockets, 8 cores for each CPU, 16GB of RAM. Nothing is using the CPU at all when this happens and RAM use is very low. Doesn't seem to be a resource issue.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

We have seen some issues with our beremote process using 100% CPU on certain Dell servers (which we have been researching with Dell)

However this does not seem to match your description - as such I encourage you to log formal support cases for a proper investigation

Try the following:

Backup Exec console may take long time to load and appears hung on "Loading Data" dialog box.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000126877

I find i can replicate the problem sometimes by pressing f5 on any of the tabs.

shahidAbuAreeb
Level 1

I am getting the same issue with backup exec 22.0 installed on windows server 2016. The application GUI goes to not responding after sometime it comes back and it constantly repeating.

i have tried every solution which i have researched but not working anyone. 

RogRubin
Employee

@shahidAbuAreeb Would suggest to open a case with support so that we can investigate this in more details