cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3: skip missed backup job?

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If a scheduled, recurring backup job was missed, in this case due to the tape drive being offline, how can I prevent that job from trying to run once the drive is back online?  Is there a setting within the job screen that lets you tell it to bypass missed jobs? 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Mixit,

Ones the job is missed then it will not re-run again till the next schedule.

The job will only continue to run incase it is still in ACTIVE state.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Mixit,

Ones the job is missed then it will not re-run again till the next schedule.

The job will only continue to run incase it is still in ACTIVE state.

Thanks,

-Sush...

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hmmm what about if two jobs are scheduled?  It's just that we had a situationi recently where a month-end backup (Job 1) using non-overwritable media set was missed, I think due to the user not putting a tape in.  The following morning, when she put in the regular Daily backup tape (Job 2, scheduled for later that night), the missed Job 1 began to run as soon as she put the tape in, and even made the normally overwritable tape, non-overwritable. 

dotlike
Level 3

you can set an allowed time range for each job in the job schedule. using this setting you can avoid that jobs run during working-hours if you don´t want them to...

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I ended up realizing that my originalquestion should have been how to keep one job from starting if a differnt job, scheduled previously, was missed . But Sush did answer my specific question at the outset of the post. 

I'll also check into the time slot allowances too.  Perhaps combining that with some other technique can serve the same purpose.  I fear though I mayjust have to ensure the user doen't swap the tape unil I verify the previous job was completed.  Unless BE2012 has more options for this, or maybe if BE has some kind of scripting language or advanced editing options not available in the GUI, then I'll run into those some day. 

Anyway, thanks guys!