cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 and Windows 2003 Server R2

TBone1985
Level 3

I just installed Backup Exec 2010 on my new backup server and pushed out a remote agent to a particular server running Windows 2003 Server R2.  When I run a backup of the system state, I get the following error:

e000120f - This operation is not supported on 32-bit media servers because Microsoft does not support 32-bit Exchange Management Tools for Exchange Server 2010.  You must use a 64-bit media server for this operation.

This server does not have Exchange installed.  Is this a warning from the media server or the server I’m backing up?

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you have exchange installed on either of the servers (media server or remote server)

TBone1985
Level 3

No Full Exchange is not installed on either server.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No Full Exchange is not installed on either server.

Full? What does that mean?

The error you mentioned in the original post will come, when Exchange 2010 64-bit server is trying to backedup by a 32-bit media server. Because microsoft don't have exchange management tools available for 32-bit servers. So, to be able to backup exchange-2010 Backup Exec must be installed on a Microsoft Windows 2008 SP2 64-bit media server or a Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 64-bit media server.

Regards...

TBone1985
Level 3

I thought it may have the admin tools installed, but it doesn't.  This was a 32-bit server and we are rebuilding now, however, the server in error still does not have Microsoft Exchange installed.  We'll see what happens after installing 64-bit on the media server.