cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 Change overwrite protection period

IsaacICSM
Level 3

Hi there,

After the migration from 2010 to 2012, I can no longer figure out how to change the overwrite protection period for a tape - not all of them, just one in a particular set.

Is this possible any more?

Oh, and the control to 'Order by' in the online Tape/Disk Cartridge Media details does not work (eg, click on the 'Name' heading to order by tape name, and it does jack all). Seems as though there are many of these bugs in the new version - good testing work prior to release symantec!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

After the migration from 2010 to 2012, I can no longer figure out how to change the overwrite protection period for a tape - not all of them, just one in a particular set.

It never has been possible

OPP and APP have always been applied at the media set level, never at the media level

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

It never has been possible

OPP and APP have always been applied at the media set level, never at the media level

IsaacICSM
Level 3

Thanks for that, I do remember now that it was the set that I was adjusting, but doing it each week for a (eg wednesday) particular tape.

Thanks for your help.