cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 SP2 Shutting down file and print server sevices thereby making the server inaccesible when backing up

jadesina1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hi all,

I have a newly installed BE2012 SP2 on a file and print server that is housing users data files to be backed up. Each time backup job is running, the flie and print service on the server shut down automatically therefore making users files inaccessible and unable to print. its a 24 hrs site so even if we decide to change the timing of the backup, it wont resolve the issue totally. has anyone ever experienced this issue before and how were you able to resolve it.

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE shouldn't do that. Are you perhaps using Advanced Open File Option for your backups, and if not, turn it on and try the backup again.

I'd also recommend checking the Event Viewer to see why the services are stopping...I haven't seen BE stop any Windows services before.

thanks!

jadesina1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

well i havent seen it myself until now. i will check the AFO option like u have advised and run the job again.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Not that we specifcially know about your problem but you should probaly update to latest Service Pack (SP4) and the update in TECH215906 (and push the updates out to the remote agent on the server having the problem and then test.

If you still get this problem after updating then you should possibly consider logging a formal support case for us to investifgate your problem.

jadesina1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

resolved. thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

How?

Thanks!