cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2014 Hidden Media

ALDHR
Level 2

I chose 2003/2008 OS because 2012 is not available in the list.

Does anyone know why Symantec made it more difficult to interact with the media in 2012/2014 versions of BE? Does someone out there know how to interact with the media on Deduplicated storage? I have a bad media on one file and I would like to wither erase it or delete it. I know the symantec article says that turning on hidden media is not for interaction but there has to be a way to deal with the media that has been marked bad. I just don't get why this is such a problem that it had to be hidden and interaction turned off.

Thanks so much,

Lance

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Whether or not you can see B2D media does not mean you can take manual action against deduplication media content. If you have isues with content in Dedup I strongly suggest you log a formal support case.

As an aside one of the reasons why disk media is hidden related to how many cases we had in older versions of BE where the end customer had made a problem worse by taking manual actions. In theory DLM will handle your disk media interactions with it also blocking any action that might inhibit your ability to restore - admittedly there have been some teething troubles with this concept however if something is not working as you believe it should then please log a formal suppiort case, don't try to take your own manual action.

BTW I would recommed BE 2014 as it is extremely liekly that any DLM or Dedup issues will only be fixed in the current or newer versions.

ALDHR
Level 2

Thanks for the response Colin. I already run BE 2014 and unfortunately it is the reason for my problem. Someone has figured out a way to interact with the media and I hope they post it in tips.

If anyone has a suggestion please post but please don't post log a support case. I would rather this post die on the vine from no activity so to speak.

Thanks,

Lance