Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2014 beta enterprise services always stopping

RobRodrigues
Level 4

Good morning all,

Please forgive if this is not the correct place to this issue but:

I'm testing the BE 2014 and since last week my BE is always stopping some Enterprise services, like Enterprise Vault Directory,Vault Admin... and so on.

The reason for this is that like this for me to continue the beta i have to be always connected to server console and not by using the be console at my laptop to do the manage needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RobRodrigues
Level 4

Hello all.

I have an update to add to this post.

I don't know why but indeed the d drive had 2 GB of free space, but weren't enought, 4gb also not help but 120 gb free and services are working like charm.

So why in the hell does BE enterprise services wich i'm only using because they were installed and can't even be removed, need such a huge amount of free space.

Also my BE installation and BE Sql Databases are on the C: drive and i don't have nothing istalled as i'm aware on the D: Drive.......

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Is Enterprise Vault installed as a production application? If it is also in trial mode, can you uninstall it and then test the BE remote console again?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hiya Rob,

As you are running into an issue with the Beta version, would recommend to log a formal support case as this can be investigated formally.

Thanks.

RobRodrigues
Level 4

I'm using it as a beta, using the slf file, also i have this installation working in production.

I gather some more info.

When i try to start the services using the BE services manager, they start and stop almost after.

In windows event log i have an error reporting that:

Insufficient diskspace is available on drive D: for the Enterprise Vault to run

Enterprise Vault will now be shut down; to correct this problem, delete any unwanted files and restart Enterprise Vault

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

My disks at the BE server are with GB of free space wich i verify just now.

Could this D: drive be related with any server that is being backed up.

RobRodrigues
Level 4

Hello all.

I have an update to add to this post.

I don't know why but indeed the d drive had 2 GB of free space, but weren't enought, 4gb also not help but 120 gb free and services are working like charm.

So why in the hell does BE enterprise services wich i'm only using because they were installed and can't even be removed, need such a huge amount of free space.

Also my BE installation and BE Sql Databases are on the C: drive and i don't have nothing istalled as i'm aware on the D: Drive.......