cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9.1 IDR fails after applying Win2k3 SBS SP1

Jochen_Noller
Level 3
Hello,

after applying Win2k3 SBS Premium SP1 (including Win2k3 SP1 and Win2k3 SBS SP1) I cannot restore the system with IDR. What I've done: I've made a full backup of the new Win2k3 SBS SP1-system. I created a new IDR boot media CD using the original Win2k3 SBS Premium CD1 (which is without SP1!). After this I insterted a new and blank harddisk for testing purposes:
1. I started the IDR-CD and start the IDR-process- I've pressed F2 for ASR of Win2k3.
2. After formatting drive C and copying the files the server restarts (as normal)
3. After formatting drive D and doying some install-tasks the IDR-assistant starts and asks for the DR-file and for the right tape device
4. After selecting all correctly as used before and after restoring the data from the tape the IDR-assistant shows the "finished"-window.

Now I remove the IDR-CD and press Ok. The serevr restarts and the Windows bootup-progress bar comes up. It runs appr. 5 times and I think before teh normal blue Windows-screen appears (with the login-window) I get a blue-screen and the server immediately reboots. I think the fault has something to do with process violation.

Who can help me?

System information:
Win2k3 SBS Premium now with SP1 (german version)
BackupExec 9.1 4691.1 with IDR-Option (also SQL and Exchange-Option) (german version)
HP DAT72i-tape drive

I only have the original Win2k3 SBS Premium CDs without SP1. From this CD set I used the CD1 for IDR BootMedia creation.

As I've said: Before I've installed the Win2k3 SBS Premium SP1 all things run fine.

I would appreciate any help.

Regards,

Jochen
2 REPLIES 2

Jochen_Noller
Level 3
I've found a IDR Post HotFix which seems to be related to Win2k3 SP1 (Document ID: 278553). Is this also valid for Win2k3 SBS SP1?

Is this HotFix applicable to a german BackupExec 9.1 4691.1?

I've seen that the prerequisites are SP3 or HF50. As I do not want to install and change to much: where can I get the HF50 for a german Backup Exec 9.1 4691.1?

JochenMessage was edited by:
Jochen Noller

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

You could install the hotfixes irrespective of the language of backupexec. Do keep us updated on the progress of the issue after installing the patch!

Thanks!