cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9.1 cluster installation problem

Claude_Sturman
Level 3
I have read the installation manual and followed chapter 15, on clustered servers. After installing on both nodes locally, I ran the cluster configuration wizzard. It seemed to finish but hasn't. BE services are all stopped.

I did manually add the items listed in the uninstall in the cluster administrator (i.e. BE IP address, BE Network name, MSSQL$BKUPEXEC, BE device & media service, BE server, BE job engine, BE agent browser, SQLAgent$BKUPEXEC). Isn't the cluster wizzard supposed to do this ? The instructions enfer that this will be automatically.

Is there any additional steps that I must follow for cluster installation ?

Claude Sturman
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

We suggest you to refer the following document to get the detailed information on Using Backup Exec™ for Windows NT® with Microsoft® Cluster Server

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/247547.pdf

================================================
Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Claude_Sturman
Level 3
I am using Backup Exec 9.1. This is an installation question, not a how to use and backup a cluster. The above referenced document only references how to use BE for Windows NT (reference date of 1999).

I am talking about installing on two Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition w/sp1 servers and a SAN. I installed local versions of BE 9.1 on both nodes. When running the Cluster Wizzard of BE 9.1 on the primary node, it does NOT complete the required steps for the Backup Exec Group in the windows cluster manager. Is this normal ? Isn't the cluster wizzard supposed to add the services to the BE group so the cluster manager can control the services ?

Has any one successfully run the BE 9.1 cluster wizzard on a windows 2003 w/sp1 cluster ?

Chaitanya_Khurj
Level 6
Hi Claude,

We believe you have not referred to page 13 in the above mentioned .pdf. Since you are using SSO, you will have to install the database server first which should not be in a cluster. Then you will have to configure the Primary SAN server by installing backup exec. After reboot you will have to install backup exec on the secondary SAN server. Both these installations will require you to connect to the database server during installation.

Hope this helps you further.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm