cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9.1 how do I add a remote agent

Doug_Mims
Not applicable
I am currently running BE 9.1 on a Win 2003 Server. I need to add a remote agent for a new 2003 server that will be added to the domain. I have no intention of upgrading BE to 10.0. Is there a version of the 10.0 Remote agent I can purchase that will work? Can I purchase a 10.0 remote agent and downgrade it's key to 9.1? If so, what part number must I purchase and how do I get the key downgraded?
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
AFAIK, at this point all you can do is check the Auction Sites (EBay etc.) Vertias doesn't sell v9 any more and the serials are not compatible.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

From your post, it seems that you are using Backup Exec v9.1 and you want to backup remote WIndows 2003 server and for that you want to buy a remote agent. If it is so then, please clarify that why you want to have Backup Exec v10.0 remote agent ?
However, for any license related querry, you need to contact Veritas Sales Team. You can refer to the following link for getting the Sales Team contact number nearest to your location:

http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.