cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup to disk folder error

Ed_Avaness
Level 2
Hi,

For the past couple days, our backup has been failing. Keep getting CRC errors, clean media, etc....

I tried creating a backup to disk folder job, but when I run a test run, I get the following error:

Insufficient online or nearline media is available to start job.
There is no media online or nearline that can be overwritten or the job has been marked append/terminate.

backup job settings - I tried with both overwrite media and append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is avail... options.

I set the backup folder disk size to 50GB, the backup size is around 42GB.

I’ve unchecked media capacity check to complete individual job, and media check….test run was successful.

Will the actual backup be successful? Are there any special settings I have to check or uncheck for the backup to complete?

thx.
2 REPLIES 2

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
If a backup test is succesful it shoud be save to assume that the real backup works, what else are test fore ? Simply try it out, you could schedule a small job to see if it really works.

Do keep the overwrite protection and append periods in mind. (this depends on you backup strategy)

I myself keeps the B2D on its default size of 1GB, it will only create multiple files. I am not exactly sure what the performance penalty would be if you make it 50GB

Regards
A van der Boom

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

From your post its unclear if you are taking backup on media or a backup to disk folder.

Do you have problem while running jobs on media or on a hard disk.

Generally CRC errors are hardware related errors.

So kindly clarify on it and also please mention the exact error you are getting.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.