cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Job Engine keeps crashing

Charles_Jursch
Not applicable
I just moved my Backup Exec to a new server (W2K3) and this server only has a Iomega REV drive as media. It does not have a tape device attached. I have had two successful jobs run and then all jobs after that crash. The first error I received was:
The application, C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\bengine.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/14/2005 @ 06:00:52.372 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7C8224B2 (ntdll!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault)

The second error is:
The application, C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\bengine.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/14/2005 @ 08:25:03.701 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7C8327F9 (ntdll!RtlInitializeCriticalSection)
I have SP3 applied.
Any ideas as to what might be causing the crashes?
2 REPLIES 2

Kishore_Natvarl
Level 4
Hi.

The information supplied with errors Logged. Is this the information you retrieved from the Windows Event Logger.

If not , please can you have a look there and submit the information logged there

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Charles

Is there any error code reported in the job log which fails ?
What type of backup you are taking...i.e is it a local backup or a remote backup ?

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.