cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE design question

Roy_Iversen
Not applicable
We've purchased two licenses of BE 10d CPS with misc. agents and options. We've installed BE on two different servers in two sites, and we want to use B2D only, no tapes. The secondary site is for disaster recovery

BE on the main site will use CPS and normal backup to back up our resources to local disk on the BE server.

Then we use BE on the main server to backup the latest CPS snapshot and duplicates of the normal backup jobs across the network to the remote server.

This is working very good, and we are left with several B2D files on the remote server.

Now, for disaster recovery we need be able to restore files contained in these B2D files on the remote site. But of course BE on the remote site does not have a catalog of these files.. So my idea was to, on the remote BE, inventory and catalog these files to be able to restore.

But I'm getting some errors and problems with this, so I'm thinking this might not be the best strategy.

Can you provide me with some help on choosing the best strategy for this scenario?
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

What errors you are getting?

You can refer the following technote:
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/277253.pdf

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.