cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE migration

kelvin_m
Level 2
 hello,
i have backup exec installed on exchange server 2003 and it backups all network in my company now this server is old and i want to transfer the backup tape and the backupexec from this server to another server that is much faster what steps i need to do?

Thanks

Kelvin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amith
Level 3
 Simple, Install Backup Exec on the other server. Copy over the Catalogs, Data, and Reports (if you use them) subfolders from your current BE installation path.

Amith

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Amith
Level 3
 Simple, Install Backup Exec on the other server. Copy over the Catalogs, Data, and Reports (if you use them) subfolders from your current BE installation path.

Amith

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
It's a little more in-depth than just copying things across and expecting them to work.

1. Stop your services before doing anything, including the SQL server instance of the BKUPEXEC DB. Without that happening, you won't be able to copy anything into that folder.
2. Look into running catrebuildindex -r from the installation directory of the BEWS software. This will automatically rebuild your catalogs for you.
3. Look into transferring your data using BEutility from the current backup server to the new one...this would take the least amount of time.

Laters!