cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE suddenly ran jobs that are due 2 weeks from now

Jeff_Stambolsky
Level 3
Hi I have a very strange and upsetting problem...last night I checked on BE and my incrementals job ran just great. Everything was fine and I went to bed.

I logged on today to find that BE suddenly ran another Incrementals job last night with the date as a MONTH from now and the end date as today and the elapsed time is 1932327:12:17!! what the...? after that it lists all my other jobs as "missed" and their start dates are also a month from now (the same date as the first job that "ran" on its own) and their end dates don't make sense either (e.g. start date 5/29 end date 4/30)

then I also noticed that in my Incrementals media set, the "Allocated Date" has jumpted to a month from now as well (i'm not sure how that is even possible).

The server's time and date are correct and I have just rebooted the BE server but nothing has changed.

Can someone PLEASE explain this to me and help me out?

THANK YOU!!!
3 REPLIES 3

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Do you receive any alerts?

- How did you schedule the jobs?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jeff_Stambolsky
Level 3
Hi,

I received no alerts except that the second time it "ran" the Incrementals job it showed the time it ran as 1256480 hours and it tried to run all the other jobs afterwards, wich it marked as "missed" because the first job was running for a million years, literally, according to the software. I had to kick every job off manually to get them back on schedule again.

I called BE support and the guy could only tell me that "maybe the database had become corrupted", although he didn't see anything conclusive. He had me do a database repair and said to call back if it happened again.

Not a very good answer, so I'm still not sure what the heck happened.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Have you run Database Repair ? Did that help ?

You can also try running repair Installation !
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.