cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE11D/RALUS-NFS Restore

David_Frandin
Level 4

We have a cluster of RHEL3/4/5 boxes, used for modeling, with one RHEL3 system as the "hub" of the "cluster".  Each system in the "cluster" has a directory on the "hub" system, with a /data directory mounted via NFS on the hub system. Since the the only data we wish to back up is on the /data directory on each system, and we'd prefer to not install RALUS on all systems, we are doing a test case backup/restore, using a Windows2003/BE11D system, and the cluster admin has asked me, as a test, to backup ~18GB of data from one of the systems, thru its NFS mount point, and then restore it to another system's /data directory via its NFS-mount point. The backup of the first system ran flawlessly, backed up 18.7GB in 47min, with a job rate of 633MB/min.  Now to the problem: When attempting to restore the backed-up data to the NFS mount-point for the desired system, the restore job goes thru normal startup, creates the directories being restored, and creates one file in the top restored directory, with zero bytes, and will stay this way for up to one and a half hours, or until I kill the job. If I run a restore of the same data to a non-NFS directory on the same system, the data is restored ok, with the 18GB taking 35min to restore at 529MB/min. I tried stopping RALUS and running beremote --log-console, running the restore to the original NFS mount point, and got the lines (below) at the end of the console log.. At this point the job had been running for 23min, and showed 879 bytes, which I assume comprises the directory structure, which it restored (with correct permissions), but never restores the entire 18GB.. Based on what I've seen, this *seems* to be a problem with NFS, so I tried checking the BE Knowledgebase for RALUS/NFS/Restore issues, and nothing came up close to what I'm seeing...

Any ideas? 

Dave Frandin 

b3676bb0 Wed Oct  8 12:03:08 2008 :             vx_stat: objname is /data103/data78/ff/depthdecay/greg/DERRINGER_10000_0.sptrs returned 2059
b3676bb0 Wed Oct  8 12:03:08 2008 :             vx_stat_by_name: Getting stat of /data103/data78/ff/depthdecay/greg
b3676bb0 Wed Oct  8 12:03:08 2008 : No backup time hard links existed for /data103/data78/ff/depthdecay/greg/DERRINGER_10000_0.sptrs
03/data78/ff/depthdecay/greg/DERRINGER_10000_0.sptrsard links existed for /data1

Dave Frandin

0 REPLIES 0