cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12 - connecting to EMC Celerra shares

MartinHewes
Level 3

Upgraded one of our servers to 2012, and due to the "different" way of doing things, I thought I'd check that it can see and backup the shares on our NAS, before I upgrade the server which backs up those shares.

However I can't seem to get it to see any of the shares.

I've been adding a server, and choosing all of the options (Micorosft Windows computers and servers etc), but when browsing to the host, it is throwing up "access denied", despite me using a login that I know has full rights.

As this is working correctly in 2010, I'm assuming the NDMP option is off on the EMC device. In 2010, we can easily browse to the host and see all the shares, just like all other servers. Can't work out why I can't do this on 2012.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MartinHewes
Level 3

Thanks Kiran - I did try adding as a file server, and the correct permissions were already set.

What I hadn't done on this different server, was change the default port NDMP uses to 9000, so after adding the entry into the services file, it sprung into life.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you tried adding it as the file server?

Have a look at http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189560

Also give rights to backup exec system account on celerra and try using that account while adding the server.

MartinHewes
Level 3

Thanks Kiran - I did try adding as a file server, and the correct permissions were already set.

What I hadn't done on this different server, was change the default port NDMP uses to 9000, so after adding the entry into the services file, it sprung into life.