cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE16 unable to install library expansion option

Bourret375
Level 2

Hello,
I have a library Overland Storage neo 400s with 2 lto6 drive fibre channel connected and backup exec license capacity edition 5TB. I am unable to install library expansion option is this normal? Backup exec is install on Windows Server 2012R2. Sorry the screenshots on in french.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you purchased the LEO license?

If i understand the licensing of capacity edition, this option is part of it. see my attached file.

Thx

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I would suggest that you log a formal support case and have the engineer take a look as to why you do not have the LEO option to install.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The full Capacity Edition (not the Lite one) includes LEO capability for unlimited drives and should enable this automatically - you do not have to buy a LEO license and in fact in the license installer screen that follwos the one you add licenses into, it wil look like the LEO is not available against capacity if you add a LEO licnese to a server runnign the capacity edition

LEO itself is not an option in the installer, i.e. the screen in te installer that is 2 pages after the one where you add the license files. Library Support is an option that is usually enabled and greyed out, but Library Support is just generic support for a library and has nothing to do with Library Expansion and it is greyed out and enabled as most customers need it.

Where the LEO being part of Capacity should show up is in the Licence Information Screen and in the Adamm.log file.

Read the ADAMM.LOG from the bottom upwards so that you read the last updates and look for a section like this

Shared Storage Authorization: Yes
TSM Authorization: No
SPO Installed and Authorized: No
SPO Limited Installed and Authorized: No
Library Expansion Options: Unlimited
VTL Options: Unlimited

If you still supect LEO is not working then please log a formal support case.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just looked at your screenshots - image one is showing licensed yes, installed no - that is potentially a problem and will need a formal support case as you have no way to enable it.

Thx for your response,

I check my ADAMM.log and yes I see the line Library expansion Option  = Unlimited. Ok I will open a support case and I will post the solution when I have it. If you have any new I am taker.

Any luck with this?  I have the exact same issue and so far my tech support requests have been futile attempts at reloading my licensing.  Getting extremely frustrated at this simple issue.  This is the first I heard that there isn't an actual "option" to install it, but that it just shows up in the log.  Funny how tech support doesn't know that......