Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010: Changing the path of a backup-to-disk folder does not work

jc-pro
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

I'm having some difficulty making Backup Exec 2010 realize that I've changed the location of where BE data should be created / stored.  (Upgraded storage device to iSCSI).  I've followed the guide here but when I scan the device it doesn't pick up the BE data. 

Can anybody shed light on what I may be missing here?

Thanks

-j-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jc-pro
Level 4
Partner

Solved this by creating new B2D folders.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
As you are mentioning it ISCSI, it means that drive is going to be like local disk or it is removable hard disk and you are reffering above about bedata folder, but it is only created when you make removable b2d folder. Considering ISCSI is not removable storage ,please follow the steps below. 1 In this case you should be doing b2d folder first on ISCSI DISK.so please copy the bedata dir of physicla location to some other drive ,please delete the b2d from backupexec and physical location. Once done make new b2d folder on the ISCSI drive, then please copy all bkf files and other files leaving changer.cfg and folder.cfg from bedata folder And please copy all those files in new b2d created on ISCSI disk, so this time don't copy the be data folder but only all files inside it leaving the changer and folder.cfg and then inventory the b2d all files should be visible. Thanks

jc-pro
Level 4
Partner

That's exactly what I've done previously.

-j-

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi So you have not mention yet if it is like local disk or removable disk and be data should not be present when creating B2D folder Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

when I scan the device it doesn't pick up the BE data. 

I don't know what you mean by scan.  After you have re-defined the B2D folder, in the Devices tab, you should right-click on it and then do an inventory and catalog. 

jc-pro
Level 4
Partner

Solved this by creating new B2D folders.