cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010R3 error 33808

Serhi84
Level 3

Hi all

I use Proliant G8,  Windows Server 2008 R2 and BE2010R3. Every weekend for 2 months I have an error while a full backup. I use 3 jobs - system backups of all servers (system state, config files), data backups of all servers, lotusnotes databases. After the end of each job starts duplicate on tape job (so 3 duplicate`s job). Data(during 42h) and lotus(during 20h) jobs start at the same time on one disk .

My problems:

1) Databackup job failed after verify with error code 100000005 (Media mount failed. Access is denied.). In AppLog i see

An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
    Changer: MoveMedium() Attempt to Lock Slot Failed (D:\myfolderpath\B2D0000XX.lck).  Error=5

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
    (Server: "Serv") (Job: "DataBackup") DataBackup -- The job failed with the following   error: Access is denied.

2) Lotusduplicate job failed with the same errors as in step 1 but other B2D*.lck

System backup&duplicate jobs are successful, lotusbackup successful. I see 2 lck-files in B2D-folder which are mentioned in the logs and can delete them only after restart BE server. I thought that the problem is with remote servers (lotus and on of data servers), but the logs there are no errors. I thought the problem in the parallel execution of tasks, but one weekend all 6 jobs end successfully.

What the problem?How to fix this?

Ty

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you have AV on the media server, make sure that it is not scanning or locking the B2D folder.  Better still disable it during any backups.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Check the TN below for the 33808 error:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH130540