cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 - Aktive Blöcke sichern

magellan
Level 3

Ich sichere mit BE2012 (Agent for VMware) über den vCenter unsere virtuellen Maschinen. Wie kann ich einstellen, dass von den Festplatten der virtuellen Maschinen nicht die leeren Blöcke gesichert werden? Ich will nur die aktiven Blöcke der Festplatte sichern.

Laut Symantec ist das schon seit 3 Jahren möglich, leider finde ich keine Möglichkeit zum Einstellen dieser Option.

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am not sure which of these two features you are referring to

1) thin disk - VMWare will only physically write a block if it is written to.  This is the opposite of thick disk which is allocate all at once, regardless of whether the disk space is used or not.  BE supports both thin and thick disk.

2) Changed Block Tracking - You enable this feature in your VM and BE will backup only the changed blocks when doing an incremental backup of the VM

Both of the above features are properties of the VM.  There is nothing to configure on BE to support these features.

magellan
Level 3

Thanks for yor reply, but none of both features.

If a hard disk with 500 GB (vmfs) was assigned to a vmware and only 50 GB to are recorded, then I would not like to backup empty 450 GB. So only described 50 GB backup and not the empty 450 GB.

I can configure this option with the product vRanger. Does BE2012 not support this very useful option?

brrrrr..... :(