cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 & Exchange 2003 , 2010

eewop
Level 2

Hi, please can anyone confirm that a single Backup Exec 2012 media server can backup BOTH Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 please?  We have installed the Exchange 2010 admin tools and as I understand no tools are needed for Exchange 2003 backup.

Thanks

L.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Both are on the BE 2012 SCL so the answer is yes, BE 2012 can back both up.

Refer to the SCL below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH175581

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV

Hi,

Both are on the BE 2012 SCL so the answer is yes, BE 2012 can back both up.

Refer to the SCL below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH175581

Thanks!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

AS Craig updated you can backup both Exch 2003 and 2010 with Backup Exec 2012.

But if you are asking about the License then if you are backing both the version of Exchange then you will require 2 Agent for Database Licenses. This will be one for each Exchange version (server).

Thanks,

-Sush...

BanksyMJ
Level 4
Employee Accredited

@eewop

Yes you can. I've been running a test environment recently where I have both an Exchange 2003 and an Exchagne 2010 server installed. I was backing up both.

Kind Regards

Matt

eewop
Level 2

Thanks for all the responses.  Migration should be ok then.

BanksyMJ
Level 4
Employee Accredited

When you say "Migration" are you migrating from Ex 2003 to Ex 2010? And you want to be able to backup both throughout the migration process?

CraigV

Hi eewop,

As per my PM earlier I answered the question about support for Exchange 2003/2010 on the first post (backed up by the post that followed). Please correct this by marking my post as the solution.

Thanks!

eewop
Level 2

Yes, we are migrating Exch 2003 to 2010 as you say but to add to the issues, we have to migrate our old backup environment from the software we were using that does not support Exch2010 to BE2012 as part of the process.