cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 Test credentials

bandit61
Level 6

If you deselect resources from backup, they stay available for the test of your credential. Running the Test all, you will be surprised, that it will fail for the deselected resources. Can't follow the philosophy behind this behaviour, why should you test something you ignored one step before. BE2010 just tested against the selected resources and that is what should be done.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bandit61
Level 6

That's one point when Symantec mixed up be2010 design (for admin) with be2012 philosophy (for dummies). I want to see only the resources which I selected, as an admin I know that this server may have more drives. S48 has 2 hd, one is selected for backup and the "test all" checks the c-drive and doesn't care about the d-drive. (see attached pics). I don't want to see error-messages for something i'm not looking for ==> that means the software does something we (admin) don't need (at that moment).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

But I suppose that even if you hit the Test All button after deselecting the drives shown it's still going to test everything. it's clear on that, so technically the software is doing what it states it will.

I don't see this as a bug...the Test Selected would take care of specific selections.

Thanks!

Avkash_K
Level 4
Partner

If you have added some resources for backup once, then it will be listed in credential test window.

Only thing you can do is, to test the credential against the selected directory/resources instead of "Test All".

bandit61
Level 6

That's one point when Symantec mixed up be2010 design (for admin) with be2012 philosophy (for dummies). I want to see only the resources which I selected, as an admin I know that this server may have more drives. S48 has 2 hd, one is selected for backup and the "test all" checks the c-drive and doesn't care about the d-drive. (see attached pics). I don't want to see error-messages for something i'm not looking for ==> that means the software does something we (admin) don't need (at that moment).

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...was already mentioned...

Thanks!