cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2014 + Win 2012 R2 Hyper-V Cluster

SAZI_IT
Level 3

Hello,

I'm using MS Cluster with 2 nodes (HYPERVSRV01 and HYPERVSRV02) Windows Server 2012 R2 plus Hyper-V role.

In both servers, I've BE 2014 installed. For VMs backup, I'm using Hyper-V Cluster Bacups and having sucess.

I'm planning to backup my two Hyper-V's physical servers with BE, like Windows Backup do with bare-metal backup.

Is it possible ? Because I'm not having sucess util now. I'm attaching my selection list in both servers and job error log.

Regards

Francis R.

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The job log which you have attached is that of a "Test Run". Disable "Test Run" from the backup job properties and rerun the backup. What is the actual error ?

Secondly, have you clustered Backup Exec as well ?

SAZI_IT
Level 3

@vjware

1- Ok, I'll disable the test run and try to run the job.

2- What you mean about clustered Backup Exec ??

I've BE V-Ray edition in both servers. Hypervsrv02 is my CAS and Hypervsrv01 is my managed server.

I think that they are clustered...

Regards.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What you have is a ESO (CASO - MMS) setup and not a clustered BE one.

SAZI_IT
Level 3

Then, at my environment, is possible to backup my two physical Hyper-V servers with my current Backup Exec ?

Regards.

SAZI_IT
Level 3

Updating the post:

1- I'd a ticket opened with Symantec's support about a license issue, and the technical checked it today;

2- we installed one hotfix (227745) in both servers and it required to restart my servers;

3- in the afternoon, after restarted both HyperVs, I turned off the test run and tried start the job with C+SystemState+SQL(BE database) from Hyeprvsrv01.

4- Until now, the job was running fine

5- I don't know if my problem was about: a- test run bug; b- hotfix pending; c- restart pending (Windows/HyperV bug)