cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEserver.exe using 1gb of memory

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
I have read the various posts about the ver10 memory hog. I am running a W2k server w/1.5gb of RAM and BE ver10.
A backup is running right now on that server and the BESERVER.exe process is using 950MB of RAM. That is ridiculous and it is severely slowing the job down. I plan to rebuild the server to W2k3 next week, but will that fix the problem?
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technote.
Title:
Backup Exec 9.x Simple Mail Transfer Protocol notifications with large job log attachments may spike CPU utilization to 100%.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/262984

- Does this correspond to your scenaio?
- Please try stopping all third party applications during backup and verify the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
That technote has absolutely nothing to do with my problem.
The problem I am having is that when a backup job is running, 'beserver.exe' is using almost 1GB of RAM.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you backing up remote server?
Are you taking a backup of databases like exchange or sql?

It has been observed that the "BEserver.exe" utilizes high CPU percentage when the backup job is configured to use notification. We suggest you try out following options, which will help us to figure out the exact cause:

1. Go to Tools => Options => Job Logs
2. Select the option "summary information only" in the Information to include in log
3. Click ok
4. Run a backup job and observe the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.