cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG Server detail backup bar

RobRodrigues
Level 4

I believe i found a bug.

If i delete for instance a failed job history. At the servers screen in the LAst 7 days of backup jobs the day mark still opens the information about the deleted job.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

May be the software was designed to keep the last 7 days headers (even if the job log is lost/deleted/corrupt)

However, you can submit an Enhancement request if you think this behavior must change as you mentioned above.

To submit an enhancement requires go here --> https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

"If i delete for instance a failed job history. At the servers screen in the LAst 7 days of backup jobs the day mark still opens the information about the deleted job."

Deleting something from the Job History will not delete the Job. It will only delete the Job Log for that particular occurrance of the Backup Job in question.

I attempted to re-create this scenario:

1. Change the system date to 2 days past.

2. Create a test job - Run Now

3. Change the system date back to current

4. Run the same job again

5. Check the "Last 7 Days of Backup Jobs" colum to confirm it shows this :

I was also able to open the Job Log by clicking on the above link.

6. Double click on the Server - Job History - Delete the Job History corresponding to Sunday 'Su'

7. Go back to Servers - click on 'Su' under Last 7 Days of Backup Jobs - attempt to click on the link - Following error:

This is the expected behavior.

RobRodrigues
Level 4

Ok i believe that could be true, but if i delete a fail history log wich is the only fail to that day, the time bar should be without any red notification.

With me it continues to appear red and try to open the fail history that was deleted and it says that cannot be oppened.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

May be the software was designed to keep the last 7 days headers (even if the job log is lost/deleted/corrupt)

However, you can submit an Enhancement request if you think this behavior must change as you mentioned above.

To submit an enhancement requires go here --> https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

RobRodrigues
Level 4

ok thanks for the info.