cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing Up Problem with Exchange 2007 in coexist with Exchange 2003

Rob374
Level 3
Hi Guys - I have a weird one

I have a exchange 2007 in coexist with Exchange 2003 which has been backing up fine - BUT when you turn off the Exchange 2003 server you get the following error when backing up Exchange 2007!!!!!

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 at 11:20:24 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe1f - The device cannot be found.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65055

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- EXCHANGE2007-79-57344-65055 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\EXCHANGE2007\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Snapshot provider error (0xE000FE1F): The device cannot be found.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
V-79-57344-65055 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\EXCHANGE2007\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Snapshot provider error (0xE000FE1F): The device cannot be found.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Anyone run into this?
4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Does your Exchange 2003 server back up before the Exchange 2007 server?
If so, turning off the server without removing it from your selection list should give you that error. Backup Exec sees that server as still live and available. When the backup gets to the server, it gets skipped with that error along with the next server.
I had the same issue, removed the server causing the issues, and backups ran again. You can check your selection list exclusion details too to make sure it's not available.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Does your Exchange 2003 server back up before the Exchange 2007 server?
If so, turning off the server without removing it from your selection list should give you that error. Backup Exec sees that server as still live and available. When the backup gets to the server, it gets skipped with that error along with the next server.
I had the same issue, removed the server causing the issues, and backups ran again. You can check your selection list exclusion details too to make sure it's not available.

Rob374
Level 3
Hi CraigV - No the Exchange 2003 server isnt being backed up so its not on our selection list

Thanks for your suggestion

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Please refer the following document if it is CCR configuration for exchange 2007
http://support.veritas.com/docs/297185
It can be Backup Exec has been upgraded to the latest version and the Remote Agent for Windows Servers has not been upgraded.
Also try following this document http://support.veritas.com/docs/321184