cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing Up Server via Central Server

John_Ellis_2
Level 2
I'm in the process of setting up a central back up server(CASO) and i seem to be missing something. I figured out how to add client laptop and desktops but I can't figure out how to add a server to the mix. Can anyone give step by step instructions for backing up an entire server, not just specific partions or folders.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

You can refer the following technote:
How the Central Administration Server Option (CASO) Works in Backup Exec 10.0
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278621

If our understanding regarding your issue is incorrect plesae elaborate.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

John_Ellis_2
Level 2
Conceptually, the second diagram is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. Unfortuanatly I don't feel that I'm setting it up properly. I installed VERITAS Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers 10.0.5520 on the server that I want to have backed up by the central server, I defined remote server as a "user-defined selection", and ran the backup. The data I selected to backup was backed up fine. I was just curious is there were more efficient/effective steps to take? Also do you know how much compression is used? Thank you for your response.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,
The remote server should normally be visible under "Remote Selections" > "Microsoft windows Network" and the data to be backed up should be selected from there....

As far as compression factor is concerned please refer to the document below

Backups fail to get double the amount of the native capacity recorded to a media, even when hardware compression is being utilized.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/199542

Hope it helps

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.