cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up Backup Exec 9.1

ballinski
Level 3
We have two identical versions of BE 9.1 one that does backups of DMZ servers to disk and one offsite server that backups all internal data to tape. I want to backup the data on the DMZ 9.1 server to tape with our internal 9.1 BE server. This was being done by a server running 8.6 but it was not using the remote agent so it was taking 40+ hours to run but it did work. I have looked up this error on a number of links but still get the following in debug mode:
ndmpdDataConnect: connect error: 10060 I have tried setting different port ranges for both servers but still not luck. Anyone got some clues?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
The Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) and Backup Exec Job Engine utilize a dynamic TCP port range for data communication ranging from 1025 to 65000. The control connection uses TCP port 10000.
Refer to the following technote which explains the communication in Backup Exec using NDMP.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255831.htm
1] Ensure that port 10000 is open in both directions.
2] Communication between the media server and the Remote Agent for Windows Servers will require 2 ports on the media server side and up to 2 ports on the remote agent side per operation.
If you plan on supporting multiple backups and restores occurring simultaneously, you must configure your firewall to allow a range of ports large enough to support the maximum number of simultaneous operations desired.
3] Also VERITAS recommends using a range of 50 allocated ports for the media server and 25 allocated ports for the remote systems. For optimum reliability, port ranges should not overlap.
Hope this answers your query.

ballinski
Level 3
I have open all ports between the two BE servers. In the debug log,I am getting a connect error: 10060 on the server I am trying to backup. Is it possible that they are tying to use the same port and causing a conflict?

ballinski
Level 3
I have also tried changing the ndmp port to using port 10400 with no luck. I have tried every option for this type of error that is listed under the BE Forms page. I dont know what else to try at this point.

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hi,

We suggest you to create a new backup job.

-Make sure that you use the following option;
"Use any available network adapter" under Tools/Option/Network.

-Now check the results.

Hope this helps.