cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Application is slow

Vamsi1
Level 5

Hi All,

Backup application is very slow I am abkle to work at all :( . Please find the detials below :

In Windows server 2008 Symantec Backup Exec version 2012 R3 is installed.

When i work on the backup application it is very slow in loading. So I have did the following steps to overcome from this :

• Checked the CPU Utilization (It is normal)
  • Checked the server uptime it less then 24 hrs.

Can you please suggest what do I need to do to make my Backup Application to work fast.

Please help me. Thanks alot in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Sorry man, not to be funny, but this is part of the basics of being a server administrator. You need to find that RAM/CPU information. Check Task Manager for the amount of CPUs, check the Information page of the server for the number of physical CPUs and RAM.

You need to have a look at the logs on your antivirus (you don't mention what you have!) and see if the various BE services are being blocked. Check the services.msc tab for these. Then you need to exclude these within the AV from being actively scanned.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

How much RAM are you using? Are you using the dedupe option which requires a minimum of 8GB RAM at least? How many CPUs are you using?

If you're running an antivirus on the media server, check and make sure that the BE services aren't being actively scanned. If they are, then put in exclusions for the BE services and check again.

Lastly...is this a physical server, or a VM?

THanks!

Vamsi1
Level 5

How much RAM are you using? 8GB RAM

Are you using the dedupe option which requires a minimum of 8GB RAM at least? How many CPUs are you using? -- can you please help how to get this information?

If you're running an antivirus on the media server, check and make sure that the BE services aren't being actively scanned. If they are, then put in exclusions for the BE services and check again. -- How can I check this?

Lastly...is this a physical server, or a VM? Physical server

CraigV

Sorry man, not to be funny, but this is part of the basics of being a server administrator. You need to find that RAM/CPU information. Check Task Manager for the amount of CPUs, check the Information page of the server for the number of physical CPUs and RAM.

You need to have a look at the logs on your antivirus (you don't mention what you have!) and see if the various BE services are being blocked. Check the services.msc tab for these. Then you need to exclude these within the AV from being actively scanned.

Vamsi1
Level 5

Thanks for the information. I will check.