cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems backing up on Backup Exec 2012

talksr
Level 2

Hi, my organisation has got 2012exec we have had relatively small problems with 2010 on our servers, but 2012 has been nothing but problem after problem.

The latest problem is that the server is unable to backup to tapes. Jobs are taking days to complete even though they are set to expire after a set number of hours. You are unable to cancel jobs and can't restart or stop services. The only option is to bounce the server which is extremely inconvenient.

I entered in the error codes we had at the time onto this site, and was directed to the following page:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH163202

This appears to have made no difference. I have since removed and completely re-installed Backup Exec 2012, ran the live updates and then ran Storage>Configure Storage>Tape Storage and ensured that the Symantec drivers are installed and not the HP ones.

My problem at the moment is that I am not even able to eject the tape from the drive by right clicking on the drive in Backup Exec.

Once I click eject, it comes back as a fail.

We have the following drive: HP Ultrium 4SCSI SCSI Sequential Device.

As mentioned before, with backup exec 10 on the same servers and drives, we have had no problems. It is so frustrating as this problem has dragged on for weeks. I am only at the educational site for a few hours each Thursday morning. I just want this fixed now and working, it has gone on for too long and is an embarrassment.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Muhammad angry

2 REPLIES 2

talksr
Level 2

Furthermore, if I even attempt to clean/eject a drive I get the following error:

The job failed witht he following error: Physical Volume Library Robot not found.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Are you using the Symantec drivers for the HP drive itself? Check the Drivers tab of the drive itself under the Device Manager section.

If you're also running Windows Server 2003, turn off the Removable Storage service.

Thanks!