cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup EXEC v-Ray Licensing

Noushad_T
Not applicable

Hello,

I need assistance on Backup EXEC V-Ray licensing.

Situation:

I have two data centers (DC1 & DC2) at one site with identical infrastructure. Each DC has 10 ESXi hosts, NetApp Dual Controller FAS storage and one tape library with four drives installed.

Now I want to buy the Backup EXEC V-Ray Edition licenses for two DCs.

My question is:

Can I purchase two saperate Backup Exec V-Ray Edition with 20 CPU bundle ???

So that I can have licenses for:

• 2 Backup servers and media servers
  • 2 Tape Library support
  • License for all ESXi hosts (i.e. 40 CPUs)
  • Agent for Applications and Databases (unlimited licenses)
  • Backup Exec Deduplication Option (x2 license)
  • Backup Exec Agent for VMware and Hyper-V (unlimited licenses)

I am aware that I need to purchase other add-on licenses like Option NDMP, Option Library expansion etc...

Please can someone tell me if the above V-Ray edition licenses are suitable for our requirement. Or is there any other better solution to meet the license requirements.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Noushad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The V-Ray edition is sold on a per occupied socket basis, so you should be able to buy the necessary licences for your sites.  See the document and blog below

2012 Portfolio Licensing Guide

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/whats-included-backup-exec-v-ray-edition

You should check with the Symantec Licencing department before purchasing any licence.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The V-Ray edition is sold on a per occupied socket basis, so you should be able to buy the necessary licences for your sites.  See the document and blog below

2012 Portfolio Licensing Guide

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/whats-included-backup-exec-v-ray-edition

You should check with the Symantec Licencing department before purchasing any licence.