cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Error's Logon account does not have valid credentials

tolinrome1
Level 5

This error is coming up randomly on my backup jobs. The main problem is that it's intermittent. It will work fine and all jobs will complete sucessfully but then some jobs will fail days later and then sometimes when I run the job again it runs successful. The user account performing the backups has all the valid permissions needed. WhenI test the credentials everything is fine. I even recreated the selection list.

I'm running BUEX 2010 R2, all updates and on Windows 2008 R2 Standard all updates.

Error is:

Completed status: Failed
 Final error: 0xe0009b61 - The logon account that was provided does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct, and then try again.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-39777

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I would recommend to install BE 2010R3 (you can use the current license keys), update it with LiveUpdate, and push the remote agents again, so they also will be updated.

tolinrome1
Level 5

I was hoping that wouldnt be an answer :)

I mean for all intent and purposes it should work with R2 all updates, there should be a real solution rather than installing the latest version cause I've seen the same problem on R3 as well.

DoubleEM
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Does the Win2k8 r2 firewall turn on? If possible, for testing purpose, turn it off for a couple of days and perform backups. We ever experience some funny credential and network error before when the Windows firewall is on.

Thx

tolinrome1
Level 5

No, there is no firewall on Windows.