cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Excel 2010 R2 backup oracle problem. (Unable to attach to a resource.)

mekmek
Level 3

Having some problem regarding backup oracle to other backup media server through network.

I have install windows remote agent and configure the oracle login credential in remote agent utility, run credential test on master media server tested ok.

When try to run the backup job and backup oracle drive, it will show me the below this message.

Please find attached file for error message.

Job ended: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 9:30:32 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- Oracle-Win::\\kamp05\KAMP
Unable to attach to Oracle-Win::\\kamp05\KAMP.

V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and ...
2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi mekmek,

1. Make sure that the RAWS service is started on the remote server, and publishing to the media server correctly.

2. Check and make sure that a firewall isn't started on the remote server. If it is, either disable it, or put in an exclusion for the RAWS agent port.

Thanks!

mekmek
Level 3

Hi Craigv,

I have run full backup on client server, it can backup other drive with no problem.

When backup until the oracle drive it will failed with this error.

IF i just backup c:\ the backup is successfully.

The RAWS service is started and firewall is off but still show me this error message.

May i know for the oracle instance login name at RAWS oracke tab will it case sensitive?

Please find the attached file for the backup job log.

For the RAWS, i just configure publish tab, oracle tab and database access tab only.

I found out it keep verifying and it can not verifying so it will failed. ( please check the attached screen shot)

Besides, i saw a post said that 32bit oracle can not backup through RAWS to media server ( w2008 R2 X64) ?

May i know do the 32 bit oracle(windows 2003 R2 32bit) can not backup to backup exec media server on windows 2008 R2 64bits ?

Thank