cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Backup Exec 10.0 License Compatibility with 9.1 Server for WIN

L_Fuller
Level 2
I was told by a CDWG rep that the 10.0 licenses for 'Library Expansion Option' , 'Open file Option', and 'Exchange Agent' were backward compatible with Backup Exec 9.1 for Windows Servers.

Before I purchased $5K in software, I wanted to find documentation to support that statement but was unable to locate it on Veritas' Website.

Has anyone else been in this situation or does anyone know where to find information on this topic?

V/R

Larry
South Carolina
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you mean "can v10 Agents be used with a v9 media server", I don't think so.

AFAIK, Veritas has always said that these Agents needed to be the same version (and sometimes even the same build) as the media server

v9.1 RemoteAgents CAN be used with a v10 server ( see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264484.htm ) , but only "for the purpose of rolling upgrades ", which I take to mean would be a license violation if you just continue to use them rather than buy v10 RAWS

Kris_Meery
Level 2
I purchased some version 10 licenses and found out the hard way that the numbers don't work in v9.1. If you call the helpline they will give you v9.1 serial numbers once they confirm you bought v10.

L_Fuller
Level 2
I'm glad to here that Veritas was cooperative at the least in giving you 9.1 licenses. I hope that you weren't an exception b/c I plan on doing the same thing. Thanks for the info.

If anyone else still has more to add, please do.

V/R

Larry