cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d SP 4 - "V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied."

wce-IT
Level 1

The following error is coming up when trying to make a backup of the server in which Exchange 2003 is running on.

V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory .
Access is denied to Remote Agent.  Check the login account for the specified device.

It must be the Exchange Information Store. The credentials has full admin rights as well so shouldnt be any issues there...

Can anyone shed some light?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

AshutoshTamhank
Level 4
Employee Accredited

I presume selecting the information store is not an issue otherwise a job execution could not have been possible ;)

If legacy mailbox backup method is enabled (Tools - Options - Microsoft Exchange - check enable legacy mailbox backup)

Now a new icon in the backup selection list should be visible, showing individual mailboxes, if browsing individual mailboxes works, the backup of the information store should be possible. By browsing the individual mailboxes, the BE remote agent is initiating a MAPI session with the exchange server. A MAPI session has to succeed if GRT is enabled for the IS backup. If this fails, the backup fails with an access denied.

P.S: The backup of the IS was done with GRT enabled? Does the IS backup work with GRT disabled?

Oldmanjoe
Level 2
When I look at the job history, I'd think everything was successful. But the job log has the error stating access denied, yet it had backed up 50 gig of the IS.

Checking the details from the job log, it says the consistancy check of the snapshot was successful, then the next line is the error.

V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory Mailboxes and its subdirectories.

Any insight would be nice.

Our company purchased support, but Symantec cannot find any record of it, and I have ot find the paper sent to a previous employee. So I'm likely SOL on this. If I get updates, I'll post here.