cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d can not see Snap Server 410 in selection list

hausmann
Level 1
For whatever reason I can't see my Overland Snap Server in the selection list under under Microsoft Windows Networks or AD Domains. I installed the Remote agent on the Snap Server and it installed correctly. When I look at the logs on the snap server I can see it start up successfully.  It would be nice to use the remote agent but not necessary. I also tried setting it up under "user defined selections" but fails when I try to back up. For some reason the software can't see any of the shares on the snap server. I can see the shares from any of my Windows machines and also can read and write to them with no issue. I believe there is an issue with 11d. I have backed up Snaps in the past with older versions of Backup Exec and also with CA Arcserve. The upgrade to 12d is almost $3k which doesn't guarantee that it will even resolve the issue. I also made sure it's not an account issue by mapping a drive to the share using the credentials backup exec would use with no problem. Any help appreciated!

This is the failure message which happens immediately when the job is ran using the user defined selections:

servername -- The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources
exsist and are online, and then try again.

0 REPLIES 0