cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d compatible with HP LTO-2 Ultrium 448 with SAS300 interface?

sokowtal
Level 2
Hello to all,
i have a hardware-related question concerning backup exec 11d.

Does anyone know if this version of BackupExec (maybe with a certain update) is compatible with a HP LTO-2 Ultrium 448 tape drive with SAS300 interface? I have checked the latest compatibility list and some HP Ultrium drives (LTO3 and LTO4) with SAS300 interface appear there, but not the LTO2 drive with the SAS300 interface i am looking for. This drive appears in the list, but only with the "normal" SCSI interface.

I would be very grateful for any information regarding this problem...

Thanks in Advance

Sven Korallus
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sokowtal
Level 2
Hi Craig,

no need to be sorry for anything!!! Just thank you for your fast and friendly help! I wish every support would be that helpful... :)

So i'm ready to get that new tape drive to work.

Sven

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Sven,

Best bet is to look at the Hardware Compatibility List for 11D.
Here is the direct link to the HCL:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/282249.pdf

However, your drive's interface doesn't show up, so take it that it's not supported.

Laters!

sokowtal
Level 2
Hi Craig,

thx for your fast reply, but now i have another problem:

I got an answer from Symantec Supportdesk with a link to a hcl
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/282249.htm
, and in this list my device is listed with the SAS300 interface... (page 13, device 7 from top)

So now i have two HCL's with different information. Do you have any idea which information is correct?  :)

Thx in Advance.

Sven

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
They're the same document, so we're both right =) (me in a way!). For some reason I was looking at an autoloader which isn't supported.
So you're good-to-go on your tape drive then. Sorry for the confusion. Just check the initial driver you need to enable that support, and the One Button Disaster Recovery isn't supported with the drive.
Apologies again for thinking it was an autoloader. I'd actually checked the drives section and ignored it.

sokowtal
Level 2
Hi Craig,

no need to be sorry for anything!!! Just thank you for your fast and friendly help! I wish every support would be that helpful... :)

So i'm ready to get that new tape drive to work.

Sven