cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d issues after upgrade

Jlasater
Level 2
Have a Win2k3 SP1 server running backups.Had Backup Exec 10 (not 10d) installed. Upgraded to 11d. Since then, the Backup Exec Server service will not load. Event log shows:

Event ID: 57802

The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (-536837662) occurred in object 11

I confirmed that the service is logging in as an admin level account for troubleshooting. I'm also seeing the following in the event viewer:

Database Exception Context:LoadAllRemoteJobData Error:-536837662: :: -2147217865:Invalid object name 'dbo.JobViewRemote'. :: DB Error Set 0: native=0xd0 source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server hr=0x80040e37 Invalid object name 'dbo.JobViewRemote'.

and

Database Exception Context:m_QueryTimeoutInSeconds=30 sql=Delete from dbo.JobViewRemote where partitionid='0' Error:-536837662: :: -2147217865:Invalid object name 'dbo.JobViewRemote'. :: DB Error Set 0: native=0xd0 source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server hr=0x80040e37 Invalid object name 'dbo.JobViewRemote'.

The only error I got at the end of the upgrade to 11d was a warning about "Cannont update the job history in the Backup Exec database with the new job log location." I used the BEUtility as suggested to set a new job log location but the BUP Server service still will not load. I also tried "repairing" the install through Add/Remove software.

Message Edited by Jlasater on 08-03-200703:46 PM

1 REPLY 1

Jlasater
Level 2
After installing the Microsoft Express Studio software, and comparing the event log errors, it would appear that the install/upgrade process neglected to create a necessary table in the database used by Backup Exec, specifically dbo.JobViewRemote. Did a dump and restore from base and now Backup Exec is running.