cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d slowed down overnight

providentsh
Level 3
I'm running Backup Exec 11D on a Windows 2003 server and have been backing up a couple of local directories( B2D) to a Hammer storage device over a GigE lan. I was running at ~350MB but then slowed to 100MB over night. My backups went from 8 hours to over 26 hours. Any ideas what might have caused this. I need my backups to run over night.

Thanks

Kevin
5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Make sure the tape drive has the latest symantec tape drivers isntall. reboot the server and the robotic library  and see if that works .
Check if the backup is stuck at some specific files
Check if any other program like antivirus scan running on the baground .

Instead of backing up the b2d files would recomend you to use duplicate job

providentsh
Level 3
Rahul,

Thanks for the reply. I am backing up files to a to networked storage device. I have updated Backup exec and rebooted the server but it still is running slow. nothing has changed since it slowed down. I do have Norton's Antivirus running on the server but it has always been running. Nothing in the job log shows that the file is hanging up on anything.

Kevn

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

If you compare the job log check for which resourse it take more time and the speed starts going down . when the job is running and going slow you can double click on the running job and see what file it is backing up and if it is stuck ...
Update the drivers for the networkcard  drivers ---refer the following document http://support.veritas.com/docs/290098

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
...so you updated BE and it slowed down after that?
which updates did you apply?

providentsh
Level 3
CraigV,

No, it slowed down so then I updated Backup Exec. It was Hot Fix 38.

Kevin