cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d using 100% of CPU??

Kevin_Nickson
Level 4
I'm at wits end with this. We were recently hit with the "spybot" virus. It infected most of our Windows 2000 systems and a few of our Win2K3 systems. I was running 10d on a Win2K3 system WITHOUT SP1.

As soon as I install SP1, the backups go from about 600Mb/min to under 200Mb/min. I've been given the wonderful task of doing FULL backups of 1.5Tb of data a day. I'm doing it on a disk to disk system with 20Tb of storage. I'm running 3 jobs per day that total about 750Gb. Once they're backed up, I have them automatically duplicate to a removable SATA disk that I take off site.

Again, everything was going great until the SP1 upgrade. I'm having huge problems finding an answer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Eric_Sabo_2
Level 5
My domain controllers are running out of memory with BE 11. Since Symantec believe it is an OS type of problem, I have been working with Microsoft for the last month or so to pinpoint what is the root cause of the problem, we are pretty close to finding out the source of the memory issue.

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
There was a memory leak issue but that was fixed with one of the patches

Kevin_Nickson
Level 4
It seems odd that it would be a memory issue, as the page file usage is very low? Are there any patches out right now that might help with this? Any patches that were developed specifically for this issue?

Thanks again for any advice.

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Kevin

Try running Liveupdate from Backup Exec to look for available patches. As far as I know, there as two hotfixes: 2 and 6. Maybe they sove the problem.

Regards

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Three patches have been released, 2, 6 and 8. Don't use live update, do it manually. There are 32 and 64 bit versions of each patch.

The numbers mean nothing, there is no 1,3,4,5 etc.