cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.0 - 1364 - SP5.

Frosty_Sk8r
Level 3

A couple questions :

When is the end of support for this version ??  I had September of 2012 written down, I just wanted to confirm it has not changed and also ask will you still be able to get any type of support after that date ?

I know thought is why dont you just upgrade to a newer version, well from what I was told last year the Tape Drive we have is a DELL PowerVault 122T is not compatiable with any of the newer version of Backup Exec and we are not allowed to buy a new tape drive at this time.  Is this still true and do you have any suggestions for me ?  I talked with a Symantec Tech about this last year

Thanks for your time and help

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...anyone who advises you to upgrade hasn't read your original post...

You have until 2015 which is when SYmantec effectively "turns off" support for BE 12.0.

The minute you are in a position to buy a new drive, upgrade to BE 2012 (BE 2010 if you are still able to at that stage). Until then, continue to use BE 12.0...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

GA - General Availability on 2/18/2008
EOL - End Of Life (Start Date) on 2/1/2010
EOSS - End of Standard Support (product EOL'd on or after 11/6/2006 - "EOS" or "Prior" product EOL'd prior to 11/6/2006) on 8/1/2012
EOSL - End of Support Life (all products EOL'd on or after 11/6/2006) on 2/18/2015

EDIT***

Here is a link for your reference - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=releasedetails&key=15047

Frosty_Sk8r
Level 3

VJware - - could you please tell me the difference between EOSS   &   EOSL ??

Thanks

Mike

CraigV

...the document below shows what they are...but briefly:

EOLS = last date for a patch.

EOSL = Symantec won't support this version anymore...

Frosty_Sk8r
Level 3

I know the thought is,  why dont you just upgrade to a newer version, well from what I was told last year the Tape Drive we have is a DELL PowerVault 122T DLT-VS80 is not compatiable with any of the newer version of Backup Exec and we are not allowed to buy a new tape drive at this time.  Is this still true ??

CraigV

...anyone who advises you to upgrade hasn't read your original post...

You have until 2015 which is when SYmantec effectively "turns off" support for BE 12.0.

The minute you are in a position to buy a new drive, upgrade to BE 2012 (BE 2010 if you are still able to at that stage). Until then, continue to use BE 12.0...

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

BE 12.5 is the last version which is compatible with DELL PowerVault 122T DLT-VS80

Frosty_Sk8r
Level 3

Thank you both CraigV and VJware - - you both were a BIG Help

Have a Great day

Frosty_Sk8r
Level 3