cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Quickstart Edition No Pre and Post Commands

RGuthrie87
Not applicable
We just upgraded our tape drive from a 160/320 DLT to a LTO4 and this drive came with the new version of Backup Exec 12.5 QuickStart Edition. We had to uninstall our old version 9 before installing the 12.5 version. Our problems is after doing this we no longer have the ability to run any pre or post commands like the previous version. This was helpful since we could stop some services while we backed up and then restart them after the backup finished. I've looked in the help documentation and it states that there should be an option with this version but again the option is not there for me to select under the job properties as stated. We have all updates for the 12.5 version and we're running this on a Windows 2000 server if this will help. I suspect some registry entry that isn't enabled but have looked everywhere I know to look. Any help is greatly appreciated in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Larry_Fine
   VIP   
I am guessing that may be a limitation of the Quickstart edition so you may need to contact sales or support to clarify.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I'm almost certain that Larry is correct.  QuickStart is like most software distrubuted with a piece of hardware.  Gets the Job done, but that's all you can say for it

You could always re-install v9 and use the windows drivers (since there are no Veritas/Symantec LTO4  drivers for v9.1  -  V9.1 only goes through LTO3 but should accept Windows LTO4 drivers)

dkamm
Not applicable
To see the pre / post commands go to Tools-Options from the main screen. Once there go to Settings-Preferences. On the right pane under User interface mode change the radio button to Full. You will then be able to see the advanced features.