Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Reporting

steve02aa
Level 3
Partner

Hello all,

I am looking for some guidence on creating a custom report in Backup Exec 12.5 with the following criteria:

• Sizes of the folders (based on what I have checked off for backup) from my backup selection list.
  • Job name associated w/those folders
  • Ability to set time (e.g. show me folders sizes from 5,10, 30, 60, 90, 120 days ago)

Should be simple - I only have one backup job and one selection list and it all goes to a tape that is changed daily.  I just have a lot of folders being backed up.  In some folders, the data grows, while other folders, the data is reduced (users storing and deleting data).

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you advance.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no way to report on the size of the folders within a backup because BE does not keep track of this information.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no way to report on the size of the folders within a backup because BE does not keep track of this information.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

The only way that I can think of to get this info would be to set logging to detailed (generates HUGE logs for large backups) and then script up something that looks for directory names and compares them

I'd hate to have to scrip that, tho  -

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I don't know whether the size of each individual file is captured in the detailed log.  Also, the log is freeform so it would be difficult to process.